Bump In The Road

Posted on Wednesday, July 8, 2009 by Alexandria

So I've reached a bump in the road. I checked my bank account today; lo and behold I'm negative.

This is a huge setback for me especially since I have been doing so well at not going negative. During the first year or two of having my bank account or just any account I went negative constantly. I've been in the black consecutively for about 2 years. I consider that an accomplishment especially since I love to spend money.

I'm convinced that it is an addiction as there are members of my family that suffer from other addictions. I need to get control of it.

I came to the source which is a payment that took too long to come out of my account. This puts a damper in my plan.

So my new revised plan:

  • Step up my efforts to get a second job.
  • Transfer the remaining money from my payroll card into my checking account. <--This is where I went negative. I thought my direct deposit had kicked in but it didn't. At least not yet.
  • Once my account gets back in the black start selling on ebay. Hopefully I can sell enough items to generate a little bit of extra income.
  • Definitely stop spending. My new goal is to only spend money at the grocery store. Or if I have any cash. Also start saving my cash and/or deposit it into my checking account.
  • I think I will stop taking my wallet when I go somewhere because that will just most likely ensure that I will spend money.
Hopefully I get back on track ASAP because I have my cell phone bill coming up. And next month I have 3 bills to pay. The rest will definitely be saved. No more spending for me.

In fact I'll try to make that a goal. No more frivolous spending until August 20th. Only paying bills and occasionally getting something to eat. Sometimes I don't have time to eat before work and I'll need to get something cheap on the way.

0 Responses to "Bump In The Road":